One natural fertility method that is beneficial in improving your chances of getting pregnant is aromatherapy. Long touted for its beneficial effects on a womanï¿½s overall health, aromatherapy can help improve a womanï¿½s reproductive health and increase her ability to get pregnant by reducing stress and by promoting overall good health.
Aromatherapy can be beneficial in two when ways when trying to get pregnant. Firstly, aromatherapy assists in regulating the menstrual cycle and promoting a healthy reproductive system. And secondly, aromatherapy helps you relax, reducing levels of stress and depression, and can even function as an aphrodisiac for you and your partner.
In aromatherapy, essential oils are used in order to stimulate relaxation in the muscles and to relieve tension. Essential oils are highly concentrated plant substances, distilled from roots, seeds, barks and leaves. They are usually costly because of the tiny amounts of oil present in a plant and because of the difficulties in extracting it.
Because essential oils are so concentrated, they should not be applied directly to the skin. Instead, try the following methods:
- Massage: dilute the essential oil in a base such as grapeseed oil, wheatgerm or almond oil; the essential oil should be in the region of 1 to 3 per cent of the quantity of the base. Massage can also be an excellent getting pregnant aphrodisiac and you and your partner can take turns massaging one another. Daily massage can be especially helpful to your reproductive system starting on the final day of your period
- Oil Burner: add 3 to 4 drops of essential oils to a container holding water that is heated by a small candle, allowing the aromas to gently fill the air. It is believed that the healing properties of aromatherapy enter the body through the capillaries of the nose
- Baths: add 5 to 10 drops of essential oil to a warm bath in order to reduce stress, depression and anxiety. If youï¿½re sensitive to essential oils, try diluting them in some base oil or a little milk and allow the oils to disperse before entering the bath
The Best Essential Oils to Use when Trying to Get Pregnant
The following essential oils are particularly beneficial to the reproductive system of women trying to get pregnant:
- Rose: aromatherapists recommend rose to regulate the reproductive system. Rose also helps alleviate feelings of sadness
- Geranium: a calming oil which is said to have estrogenic properties, which have a balancing effect on hormones. Geranium combines particularly well with rose
- Melissa (also known as Balm): a relaxing essential oil which improves your overall mood, Melissa also helps with menstrual problems
- Chamomile: a calming essential oil that relieves menstrual ailments such as pain
- Basil: a strong oil that helps improve overall energy and which helps strengthen reproductive health
- Relaxing Oils: these include lavender and jasmine and promote relaxation as well as improve libido
Visit our forum to chat with others about great alternative fertility treatments.