New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password? Need Help?  
KIT - September 4th, 2010 3:32 AM

I heard in the clinic that one of the patients had to undergo an edometrial biopsy. What is it for?

Seth - September 5th, 2010 2:33 AM

Her endometrial lining is getting checked for signs of cancer.

Basically, if women do not shed this lining regularly (ie menstration) it gets thicker and the lining gets exposed to estrogen repeatedly causing the lining to develop cancer cells.

NadineChoo - September 6th, 2010 3:13 AM

I had endometrial biopsy after a D&C. Luckily there were no abnormal growth in the lining. I had missed my period for 3 months that time and was not pregnant.

Jester - September 6th, 2010 3:56 AM

so this is a procuedure for women with endometrial abnormalities?

marcy - September 9th, 2010 3:15 AM

maybe the biopsy is to check for abnormal cellular growth. just like a cyst is checked for malignant cells.

j@n@ - September 11th, 2010 3:00 AM

A biopsy is usually done to rule out cancer. In this case, endometrial cancer or cancer of the endometrial layers.

If you dont menstruate, the endometrial lining does not shed and is exposed to more estrogen. This repeated exposure can cause the cells to become cancerous.

knight214 - October 24th, 2010 3:45 AM

is this the one wherein a catether is used and dye is injected to check for blocakgeas???

ANNE - October 27th, 2010 3:23 AM

if you had an endometiral biopsy then you have endometriosis?

electra - October 29th, 2010 3:40 AM

to knight214

this involves taking some endometrial lining and sticking it under a microscope. they look for abnormalities in the cell which can determine if you have endometrial cancer or not.

Please login or register to post on this thread.
<