New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password? Need Help?  
MacDougal - July 18th, 2010 6:34 PM

What age does menopause start? Is it game over at the onset of menopause?

marc_west - July 19th, 2010 2:54 AM

It depends from woman to woman but usually the onset starts at around 50 and can last from 5 - 10 years. I dont know if it is still possible to get pregnant at the start of menopause since periods will start to be come abnormal and undpredictable by then.

Lorainne_O - July 19th, 2010 3:48 AM

I know someone who was perimenopausal at 45. so I guess it depends. I hear that the start of menopause is also hereditary. So if your mom started late, then you could start late too.

Lauren - July 19th, 2010 9:00 AM

It depends. I think that it is game over because like they said periods are unpredictable also, the number of mature eggs a woman carries are already decreased.

DoNnA - July 19th, 2010 11:16 AM

Mom started at 52 and got her last period at 63 so that's almost 10 years. I think I read somewhere that if you get your period at a young age then you also start menoapause younger. I dunno if it is true though.

madame_cora - July 19th, 2010 2:06 PM

generally yes. Personally I dont imagine myself going through motherhood at that age.

olivia - July 19th, 2010 3:29 PM

LOL... we should be grandmothers during our 50's! oh well its usually a choice for the woman: motherhood or career.

Wells - August 26th, 2010 3:35 AM

I depends from woman to woman. Usually it starts during the early 50's and can last up to 10 years.

Please login or register to post on this thread.
<