New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password? Need Help?  
Kenji - October 25th, 2010 3:08 AM

what is a retroverted uterus and can it interfere with having a hard time getting pregnant? can it be corrected with surgery?

o_OGilmoreGirl - October 25th, 2010 3:33 AM

I was assured that my retroverted uterus is not affecting my having a hard time conceiving. No surgery is needed for this.

Geraldine - October 26th, 2010 2:35 AM

Actually, I'm not really familiar to it. But I have heard that it can make you infertile if you will not find ways on how it can be corrected.

SK8 - October 26th, 2010 3:36 AM

20% of women have a retroverted uterus. In most cases, the normal angle shifts during some point of the pregnancy. a retroverted uterus is not a cause for infertility.

pandora_88 - October 27th, 2010 3:53 AM

wow 20%. do you know how many of those 20% have fertility issues? I still think they are related...

SmartAlex - October 28th, 2010 3:46 AM

to: Geraldine

I think there are other factors aside from the retroverted uterus that makes a woman unable to get pregnant. My wife has a tipped uterus and the doctors (including our SMO) agreed that in no way can it affect fertilty.

techbro - October 29th, 2010 3:24 AM

perhaps its a case to case basis. in any infertility case, there is usually a set of factors that affect infertility and not just one specific cause.

Guinevere - October 30th, 2010 2:16 AM

to pandora_88

the important thing is that it is not a cause for infertility. perhaps these women are also advanced in age or have other problems that contribute to their infertility problems.

Orion_99 - October 31st, 2010 1:50 AM

there is surgery for tipped uterus.

According to American Pregnancy:

The UPLIFT procedure is a newer and improved method of performing a uterine suspension.

There is also exercise for this called Knee-chest to reposition the uterus temporarily.

SK8 - October 31st, 2010 3:27 PM

The problem is getting pregnant first. If the uterus gets into the correct position during pregnancy then this is good!

Please login or register to post on this thread.
<