Getting Pregnant and Natural Fertility: Top Ten Natural Ways to Boost Fertility
Many couples are going natural when it comes to fertility treatment. Natural methods can help in improving your fertility and can be an inexpensive option that can in certain cases alleviate female infertility and male fertility problems. These ten tips can help you and your partner take charge of your fertility, naturally.
Getting Pregnant Tips
- Predict ovulation. Learning how to predict your ovulation is key to improving fertility. This is because having sex near ovulation improves your chances of getting pregnant with each menstrual cycle. One way in which to determine when youï¿½ll be ovulating is to use a basal body temperature (BBT) thermometer.
- Check for other signs of ovulation. Look for changes in your cervical fluid to help you predict when you'll be ovulating. When cervical mucus is produced in greater quantities and when it is stretchy in texture, it means you are ovulating and therefore are most fertile. But if cervical mucus is dry and being produced in lesser amounts, you are less fertile. Some women also experience mittelschmertz (middle pain), a mild pain in the abdominal area that is indicative of ovulation.
- Wear boxers. Men should wear boxers instead of briefs. This is helpful in improving a couple's chances of getting pregnant because wearing boxers reduces the risk of the testicles overheating, which can result in sperm damage.
- Getting pregnant sex. While timing sex around ovulation can help improve your odds of getting pregnant, another factor that can help in improving your infertility is getting pregnant sex. This is because certain sexual positions can help to direct the sperm nearer to the cervix, which increases a woman's chances of conceiving.
- Importance of female orgasm. While it is well-known that male orgasm is linked to getting pregnant, female orgasm is also relevant to a couple's chances of successfully getting pregnant. When a woman experiences an orgasm during sex, it helps to draw the semen into the cervix, thereby resulting in a higher chance of pregnancy.
- Elevate your hips after sex. Following intercourse, elevating your hips and buttocks can help improve your chances of getting pregnant because it helps the semen stay close to the cervix and prevents leakage of the semen. Lying in bed for about 20 minutes with a pillow propped under your hips can help boost your odds of getting pregnant.
- Don't douche. While this is a fairly common practice, douching can actually reduce your chances of getting pregnant. Douching affects female fertility because it disturbs the natural state of the vagina and can aggravate vaginal infections.
- Go for a check-up. Testing your overall health can also improve your fertility because it can help to identify fertility problems and conditions that may secretly be affecting your ability to get pregnant. Both you and your partner should get checked for sexually transmitted infections (STIs) or sexually transmitted diseases (STDs), both of which can negatively affect both male and female fertility.
- Regulate your exercise routine. While exercise helps fertility by maintaining a healthy weight, thereby helping fertility, too much exercise can lead to amenorrhea (or absent periods). If you notice any irregularity in your periods, you should reduce the amount of exercise you participate in so as to improve your chances of getting pregnant.
- Oral health. Make sure you take good care of what you're putting into your mouth as well. Prescription drugs as well as tobacco and alcohol can all affect your fertility. In addition, diet is central to fertility and a healthy diet can improve your chances of getting pregnant.
Visit our forum to chat with other women about great tips for fertility.